Given that the Department encompasses an extremely wide range of scientific fields, corresponding to the specialty of the individual lecturers, the research activities at the Department are focused on the specific disciplines. The results show that the members of the Department have played a major role in enhancing the prestige of MU-Varna, with their research activities, publications and participations at scientific conferences in our country and abroad.
Some of the main topics of research developments of the lecturers at the Department are the following:
- Immunology, Microbiology, Infections, Cancer, Chemotherapy, Immunomodulation, Immunotherapy;
- Hygiene of Children and Adolescents, Nutrition and Dietetics and their relation to the main priorities of Preventive Health Care;
- Gastroenterology and Drug Pathology;
- Hemostasis and Thrombosis;
- Lateralization of Brain Functions, Endocannabinoid System, Depressive Disorders;
- Respiratory Infections, Urinary Infections, Infections of the Gastrointestinal Tract, Nosocomial Infections, Bacterial Resistance.