Periods for summer practices in 2020
First Moscow State Medical University "I. M. Sechenov"
- 4th and 5th-year students of medicine and dental medicine;
- 3rd and 4th-year students of pharmacy
North Western State Medical University "I. I. Mechnikov" St. Petersburg
- 3rd, 4th and 5th-year students of medicine and dental medicine;
- students or trained in the master programmes of the Faculty of Public Health;
- residents and PhD students in one of the following directions: surgery, cardiology, microbiology, anesthesiology, intensive care, dental medicine, hygiene, epidemiology.
Kharkiv National Medical University
- 4th -year students of dental medicine
- students trained in the programmes of the Faculty of Public Health;
How to get involved
To participate in academic exchange programs, we invite students of 3-5 courses that meet the following requirements:
- The students have to have achieved a minimum average grade "Very good 4.50" from their academic studies as to the application date.
- The students have to have successfully passed all examinations due up to the date of their application.
- The students can participate in more than one summer practice during their training in the Medical University of Varna but not in the same university.
- To be entitled to a summer practice in Russia or Ukraine the students are required to be proficient in English proved by a certificate and/or a diploma for completed higher education with intensive English language teaching. A good command of Russian is an anadvantage.
- Students who actively participate in the public and academic activities of the University;
- Students who provide assistance in accompanying foreign students arriving from foreign universities for academic exchange in the period July-August (transfer to and from the airport, assistance in accommodation in the dormitory of Medical University of Varna, support to the training facilities, assistance in carrying out the cultural program).
Students wishing to participate in exchange programs in Russia and Ukraine must submit an application to the Department of International Relations (Medical University of Varna, 55 "Marin Drinov" Street, 2nd floor, room 209, Tel., 052/677109, e-mail: email@example.com) from February 20 to March 6.
Students wishing to apply, should provide the following documents:
- Application form with the indication the order of priority of three universities where they would like to participate in academic exchange (to be filled out on a computer).
- Motivation letter in English including justification of the reasons for choosing this particular university; objectives, expected results (educational, professional, social); justification of the advantages of the student's application for participation in the international exchange program. The form for the motivation letter is included in the Application form.
- Passport size photo, attached to the application form.
- Written request to the Dean of the respective faculty (to be filled out on a computer).
- Certificate of average academic result from the student's academic studies, issued by the Department of Students' Affairs.
- Certificate proving the level of language proficiency or copy of the diploma for specialized language training (language school, mathematics school, etc.).
- Personal data processing consent.
The students are informed about the date, time and location of the interview by e-mail or telephone by the Department of International Relations.
Students invited for an interview must come at the appointed time to the specified classroom.
The selection of the outgoing students is carried out as a competition organized by the Department of International Relations. The interviews are held in English and Russian language. The interviews with the candidates are conducted by examination commissions in a way that guarantees objective, transparent and fair selection as well as lack of conflict of interest on behalf of the persons conducting the interviews. During the interviews, the following are assessed: candidate's motivation for participation in summer practices, communicative skills, public activities, sports achievements, general intelligence, initiative, etc. The candidate receives a grade from the interview, which is one of the selection criteria.
Actions after approval for participation
Students who have successfully passed the competitive selection for Russia must submit additional documents no later than the date specified by the Department of International Relations:
- International passport - which has to contain at least 2 blank visa pages, and which must be valid for a period of 6 months after the visa expires.
- If you are not a citizen of the Republic of Bulgaria, it is necessary to submit an additional copy of the document (identity card, temporary residence registration card) confirming your residence on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria.
- Photo - Please provide one recent photograph (not more than 6 months old) in the Department of International Relations. The photographs should be: 3,5 x 4,5 cm taken against a white background so that features are distinguishable and contrast against the background; Clear quality and with the face in focus; Printed on normal photographic paper (camera print); Full face, non-smiling (without sunglasses, a hat/cap or other head covering).
- Medical Insurance - Foreign citizens have to have a medical insurance for obtaining a visa for Russia with insurance coverage of 35 000 euros. Medical insurance must be valid throughout the territory of the Russian Federation and cover the entire period of Russian visa validity. A scanned copy of the medical insurance should be sent by e-mail to the Department of International Relations (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Vaccination certificate - Medical Certificate with all tests and vaccination results including dates and results of Hepatitis (B, C), HIV/AIDS, PPD (Mantoux), WR (Syphilis), Measles (Rubeola), Rubella and Varicella Tests and Immunizations; (the test results must be dated no earlier than 1 month before the practice beginning).
Not later than 30 days after the summer practice, the students who had participated in the program must provide a short report of the internship to the Department of International Relations (e-mail: email@example.com).