We would like to point out several important requirements that have to be taken into consideration by all students who intend to take advantage of the paid summer internships under the "Student Internships" Project.
The practical training can be commenced provided the following documents are available: four contracts (1. Between MU - Varna and the student; 2. Between MU - Varna and the academic supervisor; 3. Between MU - Varna and the employer; 4. Between MU - Varna and the mentor), a Programme and a Schedule.
Here are some important deadlines that you need to consider:
Students who begin their practical training in the period from the 1st to the 10th day of the month have to submit the contracts to MU-Varna till the 24th day of the previous month.
Those of you who plan their practical training in the period from the 11th to the 20th day of the month have to submit the contracts to MU-Varna until the 4th day of the current month.
And if you intend to conduct your summer internship in the period from the 21th to the 31st day, you have to submit the contracts till the 14th day of the current month.
A few words and explanations about the required documents:
The student have to submit the contract with MU - Varna to a functional expert in the specific specialty. The contract shall be generated from the web system as a PDF file. You have to print it out in three copies and fill them in as specified hereinafter. All three copies shall be signed by both parties within 12 calendar days after the confirmation for participation in the internship on the part of the student, but not later than 5 calendar days before the beginning of the practical training.
The information you need to fill in can be seen in your profile:
- date of confirmation of the selected position for student internship by the employer;
- date of confirmation by the student, which can either coincide with the employer's or can be a different date after the confirmation date of the employer;
- a defined period for the conduct of the internship that corresponds to the contract;
- the name of the mentor of the internship;
- the name of the academic supervisor, chosen by the student;
- the date of confirmation of the internship by the academic supervisor;
- written "yes" on the internship programme, prepared by the mentor with a total of 240 hours;
- the date of confirmation of the internship programme, confirmed by the academic supervisor;
- written "yes" on the schedule / timetable of the internship, prepared by the student for a total of 240 hours, in which the date of the beginning coincides with the date of the beginning of the internship period and the end date of the schedule is recommended to be 15 days before the end of the internship with a view to a possible extension of the schedule for various reasons (for example, an illness of the student);
- date of confirmation of the internship schedule, confirmed by the mentor.
The student has to choose in advance an academic supervisor from the web system, who also has to confirm that in the web system so that a contract between MU - Varna and an Academic supervisor can be signed.
The contracts between MU - Varna and respectively the Employer and the Mentor are the same for all students. They shall be generated as a PDF file from the web system in the profile, respectively, of the Employer and the Mentor.
The Programme of the student internship in the relevant position, with the distribution of activities and tasks for practical training with a total of 240 hours shall be prepared by the Mentor according to the potential activities that can be practiced by the trainee, being under his/her guidance. The role of the academic supervisor shall be related to the coordination of the programme.
The student shall introduce the timetable for the conduct of the internship into his/her profile within 3 calendar days after the date of confirmation of the internship. The internship schedule shall be prepared according to dates and hours a day, with a total number of 240 hours. It shall be confirmed in an electronic way by the mentor. Students who intend to conduct their internship throughout the study process shall provide up to 4 hours a day.
Provided you confirm the internship in the web system but you do not submit a contract within 12 days after the confirmation, the date of the beginning of the internship schedule shall be changed in an administrative way, and you shall be promptly notified thereof.