For less than two years MU-Varna has moved upwards with another two places in the world academic ranking system Webometrics.
For the first time during the academic 2013/2014 we noted that the Medical University "Prof. Dr. Parskev Stoyanov" – Varna has achieved great progress in the world academic space. Two years later attention is again attracted by Webometrics.
In the ranking for Bulgaria, among all Bulgarian universities MU-Varna has climbed to 7th position which is the highest ranking compared to the other medical universities in our country (just for comparison, the Medical University in Sofia is ranked 9th). For Europe and the world list the climbing for one year is by almost 1000 positions, to 3284th position.
- What is Webometrics?
- Ranking Web or Webometrics is the largest academic ranking of institutions for higher education. Since 2004, every six months an independent and open scientific assessment has been made by Cybermetrics Lab (Spanish National Research Council, CSIC; the Spanish national council of surveys) in order to provide an up-to-date useful and reliable information about the work of the institutions from all over the world based on their presence in the net as well as on their activities.
- Who is included in the Кой е включен в ranking системата?
- All the world universities are included and since 2008 also research centres, hospitals and business schools. Language of the study: English.
Ii is worth noting that in the comparative table, according to indicator "available resources" MU-Varna ranks second of all 56 classified Bulgarian universities. This is partly due to the online platforms for publishing university scientific journals open and visible to the world scientific community.
The classification can also be seen on:
The ranking of the Medical University of Varna in Webometrics:
|||World Ranking||Country Rank||Presence||Impact||Openness||Excellence|
- What do these indicators mean?
- (1) 50% of the index is comprised by its IMPACT in the web (Impact in the table).
(2) The remaining 50% are added by VISIBILITY of the University in the web space.
Б. OPENNESS (available resources).
В. EXCELLENCE (achievements).
Currently, over 4700 students are being trained in the faculties, the affiliates and the Medical College at MU-Varna together with residents, PhD students in the field of human and dental medicine, pharmacy, nursing care and healthcare management. The increase of the foreign students is remarkable – for the new academic 2016/2017 they are expected to reach almost 1200, from more than 40 countries on all continents, the greatest number coming from the EU member countries Germany, Austria, United Kingdom, Greece, Italy, Cyprus, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland.
This fact in itself is an indicator for the high quality of the educational product provided by the University.