Training in Dental Physical Therapy is scheduled for fifth year students and takes place within the framework of one semester - 14 academic hours of lectures and 14 hours of practical exercises. It finishes at the end of the semester with a practical examination, and the theoretical exam is held during the winter examination session.
After completing the course students shall acquire the following basic competencies:
- physical diagnosis of tооth diseases and their complications;
- to have a knowledge of and to utilize the diagnostic apparatus and treatment with physical factors in compliance with safety regulations ;
- to assess adequately patient's clinical status and determine the indications and contraindications of treatment;
- to prepare a treatment plan;
- to implement planned treatment and monitor the dynamics of the results achieved during the treatment.