FOR AWARDING "SCHOLARSHIPS FOR SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENTS" UNDER PROJECT BG05M2OP001-2.003 "STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS - PHASE 1", IMPLEMENTED UNDER OPERATIONAL PROGRAMME "SCIENCE AND EDUCATION FOR SMART GROWTH" FROM 2014 TO 2020 TO STUDENTS AT MEDICAL UNIVERSITY "PROF. DR PARASKEV STOYANOV"- VARNA
1. These Rules and Regulations settle the terms and conditions for awarding scholarships for special achievements in the field of science, pedagogical sciences, innovations and entrepreneurship, arts, culture and sports under project BG05M2OP001-2.003 "Student Scholarships - Phase 1" to students at Medical University "Prof. Dr. Paraskev Stoyanov", Medical College and the Affiliates of MU - Varna.
2. These Rules and Regulations have been developed on the grounds of the Instruction on the Terms and Conditions for the Award of Scholarships under project BG05M2OP001-2.003 "Student Scholarships - Phase 1", approved through Order № RD09-536/26.04.2016 of the Ministry of Education and Science, and have been coordinated with the Student Council at Medical University - Varna.
3. Eligible applicants for scholarships for special achievements in science, pedagogical sciences, innovations and entrepreneurship, arts, culture and sport, hereinafter referred to as "scholarships for special achievements" shall be all students majoring in all professional fields who have research developments or have participated in activities in the field of science, pedagogical sciences, innovations and entrepreneurship, arts, culture and sports.
4. Eligible applicants for scholarships for special achievements are all full-time students (subsidized or against payment), who have successfully passed all examinations in accordance with the academic curriculum till the beginning of the semester which they apply for, and their GPA from the previous semester is not lower than Good 4.00.
5. First year students in Bachelor and Master Educational and Qualification Degrees are eligible to apply for scholarships from the second semester of their training.
6. The allocated by MES scholarships for special achievements for MU-Varna for each semester shall be distributed through quotas, proportional to the number of full-time students in the respective Faculty /basic structural unit – College, Affiliates/, thus enabling each student to apply for this type of scholarship.
7. After completing the application procedure and before announcing the ranking, MU - Varna may reallocate the scholarships for special achievements among the different Faculties/basic structural units, but only if the number of applicants at a certain Faculty/basic structural unit is lower than the specified quota. In this redistribution the newly allocated quota shall not be less than the number of students-applicants.
8. In order to submit their applications, students need to register in the specially created project website http://eurostipendii.mon.bg
, and complete an individual standard form for scholarships for special achievements. The generated form shall be printed out, signed and submitted to the higher school.
9. In the event that a student, due to objective reasons, is unable to submit the form to the higher school in person, he/she can authorize his/her representative to do so through a power of attorney, certified by a notary. Notary certification of the power of attorney is not required, provided the student is represented by his/her parent, child or spouse, and in this case a document certifying the circumstance shall be submitted.
10. Scholarships for special achievements shall be awarded for each semester separately.
11. Each student is allowed to obtain up to 3 scholarships for special achievements within one semester. Applying for more than one scholarship for special achievements shall be done through completing the corresponding number of forms.
12. Provided a student is studying two specialties simultaneously, he/she is eligible to apply for special scholarships for both specialties, within the maximum number of three.
13. The scientific, research or practical developments, or artistic activities, with which students apply for scholarships for special achievements, can be from all areas of higher education.
14. It is required the developments or activities through which students apply for scholarships for special achievements to have been implemented only within the current or previous semester. Students are not allowed to apply for more than one scholarship for special achievements through one and the same development or activity.
15. Besides the application form, applicants for a scholarship for special achievements shall also submit a Certificate for their GPA from the previous semester, issued by the respective faculty office.
For students, conducting a state internship in their final year of study, GPA of the previous semester (when applying for a scholarship for the summer semester) shall be considered the GPA of the semester before the beginning of the state internship.
Students, conducting a state internship in their final year of study, /those majoring in Nursing and Midwifery–pre-graduate internship/, when applying for a scholarship for special achievements for the summer semester, are required to have passed all examinations in accordance with the academic curriculum since the beginning of their training to the last semester, before the beginning of the state/pre-graduate internship and the state/pre-graduate examinations till the beginning of the semester of the respective academic year for which they are applying for.
16. To apply for a scholarship for special achievements, students shall present evidence of the research developments or activities through which they are applying for, as follows:
- for participation with a research development - a report or presentation at a scientific forum - a conference, scientific session or symposium, it is required to be provided a copy of the whole research development in hard copy, which indicates the topic, student's name and co-authors, and a certified by the student copy of a certificate or diploma for participation /if available/, or a copy of the forum programme.
- for participation with a poster at a scientific forum - a conference, scientific session or symposium, it is required to be provided a copy of the poster in hard copy, which indicates the topic, student's name and co-authors, a poster abstract and a certified by the student copy of a certificate or diploma for participation /if available/, or a copy of the forum programme.
- for participation with an academic article, published in a Bulgarian or international journal or website, it is required to be provided a copy of the whole publication in hard copy, which indicates the topic, student's name, a copy of the title or other pages of the journal which show the date of issue of the publication. Only publications issued during the current or previous semester shall be taken into consideration.
- for significant achievements in individual sports - a diploma or certificate for a gold, silver, bronze medal or first, second, third place in a sports competition at international, national, district or regional level, an official note signed by a coach and head of TRS Sports and other documents, certifying the achievement.
Any officially issued document by a competent authority, which organizes or holds Olympiads, international, national and regional competitions, can also play the role of a certifying document.
17. When applying for a scholarship for special achievements students have to submit a document according to a sample, with which the signatory shall certify that the developments or activities are not the same as the ones that he/she is required to prepare in accordance with the academic curriculum or which are required for obtaining assessment in a certain discipline/subject, or it is a prerequisite for completing a certain course (course work), or the training of the student in certain EQD (diploma thesis).
18. Students cannot apply for a scholarship for special achievements with an essay on a given topic or translated into Bulgarian materials and publications from foreign journals or the Internet. Provided the translation is a part of some larger research development in which the student has a relevant scientific contribution, he/she can apply with the development, but not with the translation.
19. Students are not eligible to apply for a scholarship for special achievements through a diploma or other evidence of participation at a specific event, in the capacity of a listener or organizer of the event without an author's contribution to it.
20. Students are eligible to apply for a scholarship for special achievements through developments in English language. However, in this case, besides the documents under item 16, students are required to present a summary of the development, translated into Bulgarian /not necessarily by an authorized translator/.
21. The ranking for scholarships is performed centrally by the Ministry of Education and Science in descending order according to the GPA of the student from the previous semester by means of the project software among the verified by the higher school forms.
22. Students are not allowed to apply for scholarships for special achievements with developments/activities that have received funding from another project, programme or any other financial scheme from the national budget, EU budget or any other donor programme.
23. Students who have submitted false documents shall lose the right to scholarships for the entire period of the project implementation and shall refund the amounts received.