In chronological order, the research activities of the Department have been developing in the following directions:
- ultrasound effects on biological objects,
- study of ultraviolet radiation at the Black Sea coast of Varna,
- study of the sorption capacity of aluminosilicates,
- modelling of biological tissue,
- study of viscoelastic properties of human skin,
- interaction of negative ions,
- dispersion in high-energy protons,
- polarization optical recordings,
- photo - induced anisotropy.
Two dissertation theses have been defended and one invention has been created. The collaborators of the Department are authors of over 150 publications in national and international scientific journals and collections.