The MPH at MU-Varna is a demanding, intensive, interdisciplinary, one-year programme, directed at active student involvement, team work and problem-solving. The programme language of instruction is English.
The mission of the Master of Public Health Programme is to contribute significantly and continuously to "the science and art of preventing disease, prolonging life and promoting health of the population" through interdisciplinary training and development of health professionals and others to be leaders in public health, health services research and evaluation, and health care delivery and management.
The Programme in Public Health provides opportunities for:
- realization and career development in various health institutions: NCPH, RHI, NHIF, RHIF, in the administration of medical institutions, research organizations and universities, directorates of health development and social activities to the municipal administrations and many others;
- a better position in the labor market and a step towards the achievement of a higher education level;
- scientific research in the field of Public Health;
- planning, assessment and management of health care and social programmes and projects on a national, regional or local level;
- work in NGO sector, dealing with public health and social problems, prevention, health education and health promotion;
Content of the program:
The Master's Programme in Public Health covers basic disciplines such as:
- Introduction to Public Health
- Foundations of Epidemiology and Epidemiology of Socially Significant Diseases
- Health Economics and Management
- Healthcare Information Systems
- Environment and Health, etc.
It is targeted at developing skills for the establishment of health policy at national, regional and municipal level; at scientific research; at monitoring the health status of the population and its specific groups; at development and management of public health and social programmes and projects; collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, case studies, teamwork, communication and others.
The MPH programme as well as the University have national accreditation. The MPH programme has passed through a PEER REVIEW from the Association of Schools of Public Health in the European Region (ASPHER).
Form of education:
PART-TIME (modular training) organization of the program. The training would be organized in 2 contact modules (each with duration of 2 weeks) and additional e-based distance format of training, as the first module would be offered in September 2015.Length of the program:
Application: based on documents from previous educational degree
Who is eligible to apply?
The programme is suitable for everyone with a Master's degree in:
- Medicine, Dental Medicine, Pharmacy, Law, Sociology, Psychology, Pedagogy, Ecology, Environmental Sciences, Engineering and others
Or a Bachelor degree in:
Beginning of the program:
- Social Science, Nursing, Healthcare Management, Economics, Sociology, Psychology, Pedagogy and Ecology.Period for application / Deadline: from June 1, 2015 to August 15, 2015
September 2015Annual Tuition Fee
– 1700 Euro (paid in two equal installments – in the beginning of each semester – September and November 2015)Additional information:
+359 52 677 011;e-mail: email@example.com - Assoc. Prof. Klara Georgieva Dokova, MD, PhD
and e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org