We'd like to inform you that in connection with the organization of the attempt to set a Guinness World Record in Varna, on 23 April, from 11.00 to 16.00, there will be problems connected with the access of vehicles to the vicinity of Morska Gara (Harbour Station) and Primorski Blvd, in the section from the roundabout junction in Slaveykov Square to the intersection with Mihail Koloni St.
The organizers from Medical University - Varna announce that a lot of entertainment, music and more than 100 lottery prizes are awaiting all those, who, on the World Book Day, will be recorded as the Bulgarian record holders, who have participated in the Largest Human DNA Helix. We remind you that the musicians from Ice Cream, Iskren Tonchev – Iskrata (The Spark), Trayan Kostov, Hristina Hristova and the folk dance ensemble of MU-Varna will take care of the good mood of the participants who will structure the Helix.
The first Guinness Book of World Records was published on 27 August 1954. The idea was conceived in the 50s of the past century, when while hunting Sir Hugh Beaver, managing director of Guinness Brewery, got into an argument over the fastest game bird in Europe. After failing to find information in any reference book, Beaver ordered the twin brothers Norris and Ross McWhirter to compile a book of facts.
The Guinness Book itself also holds a record – more than 134 million copies in 21 languages in over 100 countries worldwide have been sold for six decades. An incredible number of achievements has been entered in the Guinness Book of World Records, and a plenty of them have been broken so far. Among the few unbroken records is the one of the Richest Person on the Planet. In 1913, the financial status of the entrepreneur John D. Rockefeller amounted to approximately 185 million pounds - the equivalent of today's 114.4 billion pounds.
The record breaking of the Largest Human DNA Helix begins at 12.00, at the South beach in Varna.
Please, find some important information here:
The Management of Medical University - Varna brings to the attention of everyone willing to take part in the attempt to break the Guinness World Record for the Largest Human DNA Helix on 23 April, at 12:00, the following information, aimed at ensuring safe and smooth running of the event:
- Participants start entering the venue for setting the record at 12.00, through 6 Terminals.
- For safety reasons, law enforcement officers will check each participant at the check points. The organizing team appeals to all participants not to hold metal objects such as keys, lighters, etc. in their hands with a view to the quick passing to the venue of the event.
- Participants, carrying bulky bags and luggage, will not be allowed to get to the venue of the event.
- Upon entering through one of the terminals, each participant will receive a bracelet with an indicated letter of one of the eight segments (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H), which will be a part of the DNA Helix, as well as an individual number. This bracelet will direct the participants to the respective point where everyone will receive further instructions by the persons in charge of the segments.
- Each participant who has been permitted to get in and has taken his/her position in the Helix, will be given a T-shirt and a hat in a definite color by the persons responsible for the segment.
- A participant wishing to leave the venue of the event in advance must give his/her T-shirt and hat to the person responsible for the segment, and the bracelet while getting out of the terminals.
- The personal bracelet gives each holder a chance to participate in a lottery and win prizes. The lottery prizes will be drawn after setting the Guinness Record. Everyone participates with his/her own unique identification number on the bracelet.
- Sharp, glass, metal and cutting objects that could pose a threat to the safety of the participants in the record-breaking are forbidden.
Glass bottles are forbidden.
- Persons carrying weapons, explosives, flammable and smoking substances, as well as other dangerous substances, narcotics and/or other drugs are not allowed at and around the venue of the event.
- Persons who seem apparently intoxicated and/or under the influence of narcotic and psychotropic substances won't be allowed at and around the venue of the event. Carrying and using alcohol and tobacco products is forbidden. Setting fires is forbidden.
- The check points will be closed upon reaching the maximum number of participants – 4 000 people.
- Persons under the age of 12 will not be admitted to the event unescorted.
- To the attention of all guests of Varna who will travel from other cities for the event: Entering Varna from Cherno more (Black Sea) highway is difficult due to repairs of Asparuhovo bridge. The organizers recommend using an alternative route.